Do you know that it’s important to care for your dental crown as well as your own teeth? Yes, it’s true! Dental crowns are a valuable asset to your oral health and can help protect a damaged tooth. Your dental crown may not suffer from cavities, but it can harbor bacteria that can threaten your oral health if you neglect to brush regularly.
Dr. Edward Garry is always willing to help you with any questions you may have about your oral health and dental crown. That is why our team at Greenfield Family Dentistry is happy to share insight on how you can properly care for your dental crown.
Here is some information on how to care for your dental crown correctly:
– After eating, use mouthwash to ensure that no debris or residue is left behind on your dental crown.
– You’ll need to continue to floss between your dental crown and natural teeth to keep your mouth clean and safe.
– Be sure to continue to brush your teeth and your dental crown twice every day.
– When caring for your dental crown, you’ll need to make sure you don’t press too hard, or it could be damaged. Treat it the same way as you would a natural tooth.
– If your dental crown should ever be knocked loose due to an oral accident, contact us right away to set up a visit for our dentist to replace your crown. In the meantime, cover the vulnerable tooth with a cotton swab.
Our dental team welcomes you to give us a call today at 317-462-1252 if you have any questions about caring for your dental crown in Greenfield, Indiana. We are always happy to help you with your questions pertaining to your oral health and dental crowns.